Monday, August 6, 2012

Meal Plan for the Week

This is the meal plan for this week for my family and my child care kids. As always, fresh fruit and veggies are offered all week along with soy milk and water.  For anyone new to the blog, I cook vegan for my family but the day care kids often times eat vegetarian (some cheese or milk products).  The only non-vegan things on this meal plan are the goldfish crackers and the honey.  I guess the bagels are technically not vegan either, since I purchased them. But the other "cheese" sauces I will make homemade and they will be vegan.

I think most of the recipes are either found somewhere here on the blog or are minor tweaks to a blog post.  The black-eyed peas and coconut rice is a new recipe.  My daughter picked out the black-eyed peas as her "special choice" at the grocery store the other day so I figured I better make them for her.  (Yes, I know she's not your normal kid.)  Anyway, I will post that one after I make it on Friday. 

The Tuscan Navy Beans are basically the Tuscan Soup from November 2011.  I made it thick like a sauce and will serve it over the pasta rather than thinning it down with the pasta in it.  The "red beans and rice" are a cheater recipe where I buy the Zatarain's brand jambalaya and add my own red beans. Quick and easy on a night when things are a little busy.

The Gemelli and Brussels Sprouts is from December 2011.  The Corn and Black Bean Salad is from June 2011 (one of our favorites).  Pomodoro is posted June 2011.  For the Mac 'n' Cheese I use the Not-Cho Cheese sauce from March 2012 and thin it down a little with unflavored/unsweetened soy milk and some vegan butter before stirring it into the macaroni.  Then I sprinkle on some cracker crumbs and bake it a few minutes.

I've had a lot of comments that people like the meal plans, so I'll try to keep posting them as I can.  

Date
Breakfast or  Morning Snack
Lunch
Afternoon Snack
Supper
Plan/Notes
Monday
Cereal, fruit

Apples/Plums

Tuscan Navy Beans over Shell Pasta, Garlic Bread, Peas
Crackers and P.B.
Gemelli with Brussels Sprouts, Spinach Salad
Soak Black Beans for tomorrow
Tuesday
Oatmeal or cereal

Pumpkin Spice Muffins

Homemade Mac ‘n’ Cheese, Carrots, Fruit Salad
Goldfish Crackers
Corn and Black Bean Salad with Fry Bread

Wednesday
Waffles or cereal

Granola, Dried Fruit


Fried Rice, Broccoli and Carrot Stir-fry, Fresh Fruit
P.B. and Honey Tortilla Wraps
Angel hair with Pomodoro, Wilted Spinach and Beans
Soak Red Beans for tomorrow
Thursday
Oatmeal or cereal

Painted Bagels

Broccoli Alfredo Noodles, Mixed Veggies, Fresh Fruit
Yogurt and Granola
Red Beans and Rice, Zucchini Bake
Soak Black-eyed Peas for tomorrow
Friday
Pancakes


Cracker Snack Mix
Veggie Pizza, Tomato Salad, Fresh Fruit
Cookies
Black-eyed Peas and Coconut Rice, (any leftover veggies from the week)



No comments:

Post a Comment