Monday, September 10, 2012

Meal Plan

This week's meal plan is listed here.  For those new to the blog, WELCOME! and a few notes.  I provide in-home child care, so I list all snacks and lunches.  My day care kids eat mostly vegan, but do occasionally have cheese or yogurt products.  My family eats vegan here at home.

I hope to add the Asian Salad recipe this week with photos.  The sweet potato quesadillas are vegan and are a version of the Forks Over Knives recipe.  The Pea Guacamole is also a take-off of a FOK recipe.  I will try to add my changes to those, too. 

There are little family notes under each day just for you to see our plans.  For instance, on Monday we have both swimming practice for our son and soccer practice for my daughter.  I have two personal training clients that night as well.  So I will make the sweet potato filling and guac early in the day (during kid nap time) and the beans are my crock pot version from an earlier post.  That way it is just a couple minutes to have dinner ready when we all meet back up at home.  I don't usually share my family schedule, but I thought it might help for you to see how I make that happen.

I often times try to cook ahead of time or cook A LOT once and then freeze the extras for future meals.  I have that "EXTRAS" spot at the bottom just in case our schedule doesn't work out some day.  Those are freezer meals that I cooked and saved in serving sizes in the deep freeze. It saves us a lot of time and money going out to eat when we can just grab a freezer meal and throw it in the microwave.
 
As always, if you would like any of the recipes just let me know.  Have a great week everyone!! 

Date
Breakfast or  Morning Snack
Lunch
Afternoon Snack
Supper
Plan/Notes
Monday
 
(Swimming, soccer, PT, PT)
Cereal
 
Homemade applesauce
Roasted veggies, brown rice, peach salad
Oatmeal cookies or bagels
Refried beans, sweet potato quesadillas, pea guacamole
Freeze extra pea guac and sweet potato filling
Tuesday
 
(Field trip, PT)
Cereal or Muffins
 
 
 
Tacos, beans, fresh fruit
Chex Mix
Green beans w/ mushrooms and red potatoes, Grilled Tofu
 
Wednesday
 
(Swimming, football game)
Cinnamon toast or bagels
 
 
 
Tomato soup w/ breadsticks, green beans, fresh fruit
PB on rice cakes
Asian Tofu and Cabbage Salad, Edamame
Thursday
 
(Swimming, PT)
Cereal or bagels
 
 
 
Veggie burgers, peas and carrots, fresh fruit
Granola and dried fruit
Goulash, Spinach salad
Make goulash ahead of time
Friday
Tofu scramble, Toast
 
Granola and yogurt
French toast dippers, fresh fruit, veggie dippers
Smoothies, graham crackers
Make your own pizza subs, salad
 
Saturday
 
(Soccer game)
French Toast dippers, cereal
 
 
Leftovers
Kettle corn
Dinner out
 
Sunday
 
(Teach Sunday School)
Rolls at church
 
Chickpea Pitas, leftover veggies and fruit
 
Chips and Pea guacamole
Popcorn and Smoothies
 
Extras
 
 
 
 
Boca burgers, stir-fry veggies and rice, White beans in freezer, Chili in freezer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment