Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Sauteed Green Beans and Mushrooms


Had a great supper last night with lots of fresh produce from friends' gardens and the farmers market.  Easy, too.  I had a lot of onions and peppers that I sliced up and sauteed in a little garlic-infused olive oil with some baby portabellos. Then I steamed some fresh green beans and tossed those into the mix with a splash of white wine, salt, fresh cracked black pepper and Italian seasoning.  We had baby red potatoes on the side (boiled and tossed with a little vegan butter, salt and parsley).

I also baked some lemon pepper tofu.  I pressed the tofu and sliced it about 1/2 inch thick.  Marinated in garlic-infused olive oil and fresh lemon juice.  Then I put it on a cookie sheet and seasoned with salt and fresh cracked black pepper. I baked it at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes, turning it once in the middle.  I don't have a picture of the tofu because my family devoured it too quickly for me to snap a pic. 

It was a simple, fresh meal and everyone loved it.  The only complaint was that there wasn't any leftovers for lunch today!

No comments:

Post a Comment