Saturday, December 8, 2012

Shiitake Noodle Bowl


I made miso soup and added in cabbage, shiitake mushrooms and extra spinach and green onions.  Then we served it over noodles.  You can use soba, rice noodles, glass noodles, or fettuccine or even just use rice.  It was very yummy and warm and hit the spot today.  We also made some veggie spring rolls for the side.  I added hot chili garlic sauce to mine for some heat.

Not an official recipe sicne I just added as I went. So these are approximate amounts.

My daughter enjoying her noodle bowl with her new giraffe chopsticks! : )
SHIITAKE MUSHROOM NOODLE BOWL

Shiitake mushrooms (about 2 cups, sliced)
Green onion (about 4, chopped)
Spinach (about 1 cup, chopped)
Cabbage or other cabbage like product (about 1 cup, chopped)
1/2 cube of firm tofu cut into small squares
4 c. veggie broth
2 t. miso dissolved in hot water
2 t. soy sauce
2 t. rice vinegar

Simmer all together and then serve over noodles that have been cooked according to package directions.

This was very mild, so feel free to spice it up a bit with more soy, miso or rice vinegar, or add in fresh ginger, garlic, or whatever you like.  My kids liked it "plain" while I liked it with some heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment