Monday, February 6, 2012

No-Bake Cocoa Drop Cookies

Not necessarily a healthy choice, but a good sweet treat for a night hanging with friends and kids.  The trick is to buy a good, quality cocoa.  I get mine at a chocolaterie in Ames. Well worth the extra price.  I'm sorry I don't have a photo for this one, but my guests the other night ate them all before I could get one!

NO-BAKE COCOA DROP COOKIES
1 3/4 cups white sugar
1/2 cup soy milk
1/2 cup vegan butter
4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 cup peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
3 cups quick-cooking oats
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Put sugar, soy milk, vegan butter and cocoa powder in saucepan and bring to boil while stirring constantly.  When it reaches a full boil, let it boil for 90 seconds.  Turn off heat.  Stir in peanut butter, oats and vanilla.  Drop onto wax paper or cookie sheet and let cool completely.

No comments:

Post a Comment