Sunday, July 22, 2012

4-Day Meal Plan

I have a short work week this week because my son is in the state swim meet this weekend.  So I only did a 4-day meal plan, but promised a couple friends I would post a few more meal plan ideas. 

For anyone new to the blog,  I plan the morning snack, lunch and afternoon snack for my daycare kids. The rest of the week is for my family.  (I was informed by my two older day care kids that I haven't baked enough lately, so I put in some muffins and banana bread for them this week. I try to spoil them as much as possible.) 

I always write in breakfast choices just so we know what we have on hand, but breakfast is usually made to order around here.  We always have fresh blueberries or other fruit along with breakfast, so I don't write that in.  I offer milk (soy) with all meals and water in-between. I also keep a veggie container on hand to add to all meals or for extra snacks.

The daycare kids eat mostly vegetarian meals and my family meals are almost always vegan (my kids might eat a little cheese now and again).  I make the pancakes, waffles, muffins and granola homemade and keep them on hand or in the freezer for snacks and quick breakfasts. This week, everything except the bagels and yogurt is vegan.  

Lastly, with all the fresh produce available right now our noodles, primavera and salads are all made with fresh veggies.  I sometimes use frozen veggies, but like to use fresh whenever possible.  Happy Vegan Eating!

Date
Breakfast
Morning Snack
Lunch
Afternoon Snack
Supper
Plan/Notes
Monday
Freezer waffles (homemade) or Cereal

.
Apple slices/P.B
Oatmeal Pancakes with fresh fruit
Choc Chip Muffins
Mongolian Tofu and Broccoli, Brown Rice, Edamame
 Make extra pancakes for freezer
Tuesday
Muffins or Bagels


Pretzel Sticks and Raisins

Alfredo Noodles with mixed veggies, fresh fruit
Popcorn
Corn on the Cob, Pitas with Chickpea Salad
Bake Banana Bread for tomorrow
Wednesday
Cereal or Pancakes


Smoothies
Picnic:  PB&J, fresh fruit, veggie dippers
Banana Bread
Jambalaya with Red Beans, Kale
Thursday
Waffles or Cereal


Yogurt w/granola

Pasta Primavera, Garlic Bread, Zucchini Boats
Rice Crispies Treats
Black Beans over Polenta, Spinach Salad

No comments:

Post a Comment