Sunday, January 8, 2012

This Week's Meal Plan

Let me know if you need a recipe for anything you see here.  Just a note for newbies to the blog--I provide child care in my home, so my snacks and lunches are geared toward those little ones.  When I print my meal plan for the week I also add in any meetings, scheduling changes, swim practices, etc. etc. under the date.  I also add in on the Plan/Notes section any groceries to pick up or any food to thaw or pre-prep for meals.

We are a busy family with two working parents and kids with activities during the week.  My son is involved in a couple morning workouts and a couple evening practices, so I try to make things we can grab and go if needed. We live in central Iowa and need to be able to cook meals with food I can get easily in my small town grocery store.  You won't find a whole lot of "fancy" meals here, but instead you should find meals that take very little prep and time and are still healthy and yummy.  These meals are inexpensive even though some vegan products cost a little more.  (I can't believe how much money we save eating vegan!)  Best of all, these are meals that the whole family enjoys eating. 

My son takes lunch to school each day with soy milk singles and fresh fruit/veggies.  He eats leftovers from the previous night or I make the same lunch my child care kids are having for him in the morning.  Again, very quick and easy to get out the door in the morning. 

Let me know if you have any questions or if there's some more info you'd like on any of this. 

RECIPES MARKED WITH ** ARE FOUND HERE ON THE BLOG.


Date
Breakfast or  Morning Snack
Lunch
Afternoon Snack
Supper
Plan/Notes
Sun 1-8
**Sweetened Couscous
Leftovers
**Shredded Wheat bar
Leftovers and popcorn

Mon 1-9
B: Cereal w/plant milk

S: Soy yogurt and Granola
**Chickpea Salad Pita Sands, Corn and Fresh fruit
Smoothies and Grahams
**Red Pepper Macaroni, Spinach Salad

Tues 1-10
B: Oatmeal w/maple syrup and raisins

S: **Shredded Wheat Bars
Red Pepper Mac, Peas, Fruit Salad (made from frozen fruit)
Apple, P.B., Crackers
Grilled Portabellas, Quinoa, Wilted Spinach
Wed 1-11
B: Cereal w/plant milk

S: Fruit Salad
Chik ‘n and Ranch Wraps (vegan)
Orange slices, Broccoli
Painted Bagels
Spanakopita, Fruit
Thurs 1-12
B: **Baked Oatmeal

S: Apple or banana tortilla roll
Homemade Pasta w/red sauce, carrots, salad
Cucumber snakes w/pitas and hummus
Boca Burgers, **Pasta Salad

Fri 1-13
B: Muffins or cereal

S: Muffins
**Veggie Potato Soup, Biscuits
Kettle Corn
“Fish” and Chips,  Kale

Sat 1-14
**Apple-Oat Waffles
Leftovers
Dinner Out





No comments:

Post a Comment