Thursday, March 29, 2012

French Toast Dippin' Stix


No NEW recipe today, just a pic of our dippin' stix.  I used my own homemade whole-wheat bread (borrowed some bread makers and cranked out 16 loaves in a weekend!) and the basic French Toast milk mixture from the August 21, 2011 post. 

I cut the bread THICK and then into strips. It holds together better if you go thick. If you don't have your own bread, I would recommend Texas Toast style loaf bread.  I sprayed the griddle with non-stick cooking spray and did a quick dip on the bread before browning it.  The kids loved it.  I actually made up an entire loaf of bread (one batch of milk mixture was enough) and then I let them cool completely.  I freeze them in a ziplock baggie and my own kids microwave them for a quick breakfast.  There's enough for both kids to eat them all week. 

I've also made this with my homemade cinnamon raisin bread and everyone likes that.

While I have you here.....  I'm ready to take on the challenge of new recipes for spring/summer.  What are your favorite spring/summer dishes that you'd like to see "veganized" here on the blog????  Send me your requests!!

Happy eating!

No comments:

Post a Comment