Thursday, August 18, 2011

Whatev Pasta--Penne with Peppers, 'Shrooms and Cannellinis (vegan, GF if using rice pasta)

I wasn't going to post tonight's supper because it was a quick throw together kind of meal.  It was the Whatev Pasta (previous post February 16, 2011) with some leftover ingredients I had around the house.  But my family said they loved it and want me to write this one down. 

I won't write down the whole process since you can look it up on the February post.  I used the saute method (one pan) with the following list of ingredients:

Garlic, onion, red pepper, orange pepper, mushrooms, diced tomatoes (canned, drained), cannellini beans (canned, drained), fresh basil, tomato paste (about 2 T.), cooking wine (about 2 T.), not-chicken broth (about 1/4 c.), salt and pepper, crushed red pepper, Italian seasoning.
Toss with whole-wheat penne pasta. Top with Veggie Shreds vegan mozzerella cheese. 
I pretty much just dumped everything but the pasta and cheese in a big saute pan and cooked it down while the pasta boiled.  Then tossed it together to serve.
We ate our pasta tonight with some warm Italian bread and some fresh grapes, orange slices and blueberries.  Nothing fancy, but the family really enjoyed it. They love those cannellini beans because they give a good, buttery creaminess to any dish without actually adding any dairy. 
Let me know if you've made any good combinations of Whatev!

No comments:

Post a Comment