Thursday, October 4, 2012

Vegan Reuben Sandwich

Just a short post tonight.  Had a couple meetings and needed a quick and easy supper when we got home.  I'll post it quickly before my hubby and I finish up the 6 loads of laundry that need folded tonight.  To make it super quick I used Tofurky slices and saurkraut from a jar.  I mixed the sauce last minute and threw it all together in about 5 minutes. We had veggie dippers and fresh fruit on the side.

My son loved this sandwich!  He had a huge mouthful and said, "Momb, oo gob a pub dis on da bog!"  I'm pretty sure that if he had manners and talked WITHOUT a mouthful of food that would translate to, "My dearest Mother, this sandwich is simply divine.  I insist you blog about it immediately.  Oh, and you look particularly beautiful tonight. Have you lost weight?" He's such a great kid!

Marble Rye Bread, then with sauce and vegan cheese, then with meat slices and saurkraut.
 
 
REUBEN SANDWICH
2 slices of rye bread, buttered on one side
1 T. vegan Thousand Island Dressing (2 parts vegan mayo mixed with 1 part each ketchup and relish)
3 slices vegan lunch meat (I used Tofurky peppered turkey and Tofurky mushroom)
1/4-1/2 c. saukraut
vegan cheese to taste
 
Place bread butter-side down on a griddle.  Layer on sauce, meat, saukraut and cheese.  Place top slice of bread on top with butter-side up.  Grill (like a grilled cheese) over medium heat until golden brown and crispy on each side.
 


(Ignore his hair--he just got out of swim practice)

No comments:

Post a Comment